Curt Vendel, Marty Goldberg
Atari Inc. - Business is Fun, the book that goes behind the company that was synonymous with the popularization of 'video games.'
Nearly 8 years in the making, Atari Inc. - Business is Fun is comprised of thousands of researched documents, hundreds of interviews, and access to materials never before available.
An amazing 800 pages (including nearly 300 pages of rare, never before seen photos, memos and court documents), this book details Atari's genesis from an idea between an engineer and a visionary in 1969 to a nearly $2 billion dollar juggernaut, and ending with a $538 million death spiral during 1984. A testament to the people that worked at this beloved company, the book is full of their personal stories and insights. Learn about topics like:
* All the behind the scenes stories surrounding the creation of the company's now iconic games and products.
* The amazing story of Atari's very own "Xerox PARC" research facility up in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains
* The full recounting of Steve Jobs' time at Atari, with comments from the people he worked with on projects and the detailed story of the creation of Atari Breakout, including input by Steve Wozniak on his development of the prototype, and how it couldn't be used and another Atari engineer would have to make the final production Breakout arcade game instead.
* The creation of "Rick Rats Big Cheese Restaurants" which later became "Chuck E. Cheese's"
* How Atari Inc. faltered and took down an entire industry with it before being put on the chopping block.
If you've ever wanted to learn about the truth behind the creation of this iconic company told directly by the people who made FUN for a living, then this is the book for you!
Publishers: #SyzygyPress (Syzygy Press)